Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Uniquely Yours.
You will ensure that we comply with all local indirect taxes including sales tax, excise tax and business license through 3rd party among others. You will also ensure the timely filing of returns and payments, so we comply with local regulations and ensure the accurate and timely reporting of our financial statements. To succeed in this role, you must understand the accounting entries for these taxes and ensure we are accounting appropriately. In some cases, you may deal directly with local tax authorities to handle snap audits and to help prepare documentation to support them.
How you will contribute
- Support the indirect tax process including preparation of tax returns, processing of payments and filing. You will also execute or oversee the timely filing of returns and payments to ensure full compliance with local regulations. In addition, you will prepare monthly balance sheet and P&L reconciliation for indirect tax relevant accounts
- Support a strong controls and compliance environment within the Indirect Tax team and ensure full compliance with our AER policies. You will also ensure that we comply with all indirect tax local laws and regulations in your area of responsibility
- Implement efficient tax management strategies to optimize tax payments within the legal framework. You will also provide and interpret data from accounting records as required
- Embrace a mindset of continuous improvement. You will also identify opportunities to improve ways of working in your area of responsibility
- Contribute to a high-performing Indirect Tax team (Mondelēz International employees and Mondelēz International Business Services business partner). You will also invest in your personal development and contribute to the overall development of your peers and the AER team`
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE in indirect taxes with deep subject matter knowledge and background in associated local GAAP, account analysis reporting and closing processes. Solid knowledge of local indirect tax regulation and laws. Solid knowledge in policy, controls and compliance design including SOX reporting
- BUSINESS ACUMEN and understanding of our business and finance beyond indirect tax scope
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS including proven business partnering and communication skills across a multinational company. A team player with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders internally and externally
- GROWTH/DIGITAL MINDSET and the ability to identify strategic opportunities and leverage technology to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and financial system knowledge
- INTEGRITY and sound judgement in all decisions and interactions aligned with our values, policies and external regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree is required (preferably in Accounting)
- 3 or more years of Tax experience including indirect tax, sales tax and excise tax experience including compliance preparation
- Extremely systems savvy in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and online tax research tools (CCH, BNA, and/or RIA)
- Experience using Vertex, SAP and LCR Dixon preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and communicate to non-tax individuals
- Strong organizational skills and ability to accurately, completely, and timely meet project deadlines
- Experience performing tax work in a large public accounting firm or large publicly traded multinational corporation
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelēz International family with a significant employee and manufacturing footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment, made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic brands—including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz, Wheat Thins and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids confectionery products —are close at hand for our consumers across the country.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
For office-based, salaried roles at Bakery and Customer Service & Logistics locations, and some remote roles proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious, medical and/or other accommodations as required by law will be considered on a case by case basis. You may review the Mondelēz COVID vaccination policy by visiting the US careers website. This COVID-19 vaccine mandate does not apply to several U.S. states that do not permit certain vaccination mandates, including, but not limited to Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Montana, North Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia.
Accounting & External Reporting