Req #: 1713165
Mondelēz International LLC is a whole new company that has been reimagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondelēz International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
While Mondelēz International LLC is new, our brands are as diverse and rich with heritage as the 170 countries in which our products are marketed. As the world’s pre-eminent maker of snacks, Mondelēz International LLC has leading shares in every category and every region of the world in which it competes. The company holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate, Candy and Powdered Beverages as well as the No. 2 position in Gum.
Mondelēz International LLC portfolio includes several billion-dollar brands such as Nabisco, Oreo and LU biscuits, Cadbury and Milka chocolate, Tang powdered beverages and Trident gums. Mondelēz International LLC has annual revenue of approximately $35 billion and operations in more than 80 countries.
Exciting career opportunity in the Finance function, in the capacity of VAT Accountant, Egypt; based in Cairo BU, Egypt.
The incumbent will be responsible for preparing monthly VAT (Value Added Tax) return along with all related analysis and required translation, supporting senior ID tax accountant and financial controller for the Adhoc requests, attending and supporting VAT inspection
Moreover he/she will prepare Blackline reconciliation for VAT accounts and support EY and PWC during local financial statement preparation.
· Monitoring VAT (Value Added Tax) calendar, including all tax payments, to ensure compliance with Egyptian tax authority’s dates.
· Ensuring compliance Egyptian VAT laws and regulations.
· Preparing VAT tax books that required by the tax law.
· Providing the tax inspector with the appropriate documents and analysis needed for the inspection process
· Preparing monthly VAT return.
· Preparing sales journals analysis with Arabic to be used in VAT return preparation (either for local, export or exempted sales for all VAT applicable VAT rates).
· Preparing journals analysis for scrap sales with Arabic.
· Preparing journals analysis for fixed assets sales with Arabic.
· Preparing journals analysis for purchases with Arabic for (raw, pack, FG, SP, FA and Services) for local and imported.
· Tax authority communications.
· Examining records of departments to ensure proper recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws, makes recommendations.
· Preparing monthly tax provision calculation/analysis for VAT.
· Printing all month goods/ services sales invoices - (printing ticket)
· Expensing analysis should be made on monthly basis from TB and translated to Arabic as per tax authority request.
· University degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
· 1-3 years of experience in Taxations / GAAP accounting / preferably in international business environment.
· Experience in working with financial systems.
· Deep expert knowledge of Statutory Accounting.
· Deep knowledge of US GAAP / International Accounting Standards (for GAAP)
· Fluency in English & Arabic.
· Proficiency in MS office.
· Experience of working in a multicultural teams and environment.
· Team Player; ability to support and lead to achieve common goals.
· Strong Communication and Presentation skills.
· Problem solving: Proactive and resourceful in solving problems, offering innovative and practical solutions in dynamic environment.