Job Number: 180006EZ
Good Food, Good Life is the very essence of Nestlé. This philosophy can be traced back to our beginnings. The Nestlé Company was founded in 1867 by Henri Nestlé, who developed the first milk-based baby formula. Today, over 150 years later, we are recognized as the world’s largest Food and Beverage Company employing around 280,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world. Nestlé Canada has a wide variety of food, beverage and nutrition products to help you and your family live happier and healthier lives including: Gerber and Good Start, Nescafé, KitKat, Smarties, Aero, Delissio, Häagen-Dazs, Boost, Purina, and Nestlé Waters. Nestlé Canada supports your personal growth with a people-focused culture and a flexible and diverse working environment. Find out why, There is more to Life at Nestlé…
We offer you:
· Great comprehensive benefits package including Health and Dental benefits that start on day one.
· Excellent training and development programs as well as opportunities to grow within the company.
· Comprehensive Total Rewards Package and Company Matched Retirement Plan.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for providing support to ensure that all requirements of the fiscal authorities and management are met in an accurate and timely manner.
· Manage the preparation of corporate income tax returns, indirect tax returns, non-resident filings and various other tax compliance activities.
· Review of quarterly and annual tax provision calculations.
· Assess the impact of new legislation and communicate any changes to the Director and any relevant stakeholders.
· Manage regular ad hoc research requests concerning indirect tax, transfer pricing issues, international taxation and payroll/HR issues.
· Resource of tax information to various departments within the company.
· Manage tax audits and act as main point of contact with tax authorities, external advisers and external auditors.
· 5 years of progressive tax experience, 1 to 2 years of industry experience preferred.
· A University degree in a related discipline and completion of Parts I & II of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course.
· A Chartered Accountant (CPA, CA) designation required.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and facilitation) and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
· Willingness to work together with employees across the organization to achieve shared goals.
· A high level of comfort and demonstrated experience with technology and software, including the full Microsoft Suite, TaxnetPro research databases and TaxPrep compliance software. Experience with SAP is an asset.
· A working knowledge of advanced accounting and reporting packages.
Please note; Education Verification, Reference Checks and Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
If you believe you have the profile we are looking for and you want to make your mark in the World’s Largest Food and Beverage Company, we look forward to hearing from you!
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those
individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The closing date for this position is September 27, 2018