We know the importance that food plays in people's lives – the power it has to bring people, families and communities together. Our purpose is to bring enjoyment to people’s lives through great tasting food, in a way which reflects our values.
The Manager, International Tax Compliance will be responsible for foreign subsidiary tax reporting and compliance for McCain Foods at a global level. The Manager would come with previous experience in tax accounting, ideally with International experience in Europe, Australia and Asia, and will lead the support of tax estimates for budget and forecasting analysis of foreign entities, while proactively identifying tax savings for the company.
· Foreign subsidiary tax reporting:
o Review and support year-end tax provisions, tax balance sheet accounts, quantification of uncertain tax positions.
o Review and support quarterly income tax reporting process, including the review and analysis of the effective tax rate and balance sheet accounts.
o Support the annual budget and forecasting process for tax estimates of legal entities.
o Proactively identify, research and formulate recommendations regarding material tax and accounting issues, risk management and deliver proposals to the Senior Director/VP Global Tax for approval.
· Foreign subsidiary tax compliance:
o Support and monitor the income tax return preparation process to ensure timely filing of all compliance obligations for various foreign entities
o Support, communicate and co-ordinate with local finance departments and external advisors as required
o Advise on VAT/Commodity tax issues as required
o Coordinate the preparation, filing and review of Canadian foreign affiliate tax reports (i.e. T1134’s)
· Support tax planning and tax efficient repatriation of funds as required
· Support income tax audit process, review responses to income tax audit queries
· Support Transfer pricing team analysis and initiatives
· Proactively identify, research and formulate recommendations regarding material tax issues
· Monitor Tax law changes and proposals, communicating impact to management team
· Identify, develop and implement improved processes and controls, in order to increase tax compliance efficiency and reduce costs.
· Support Global Tax Risk Management framework and Global Tax Department projects and reporting requirements
· Post-secondary degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
· Accounting designation required (CPA or Masters of Tax)
· Minimum 5-7 years tax, accounting and audit experience
· Experience in tax accounting (IFRS, US GAAP)
· Must have related experience in preparation of tax returns, income tax provision and government audits
· Experience with international taxation an asset – Europe, Australia, Asia
· Superior analytical skills
· Strong knowledge of current Canadian legislation and policies
McCain Foods is an EEO Employer that welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.