Job Number MII01836
We are a leading global automotive supplier with 312 manufacturing operations and 98 product development engineering and sales centres in 29 countries. We have over 155,000 employees focused on delivering superior value to our customers through innovative products and processes, and World Class Manufacturing. We have complete vehicle engineering and contract manufacturing expertise, as well as product capabilities which include body, chassis, exterior, seating, powertrain, electronic, active driver assistance, vision, closure and roof systems. Our common shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (MG) and the New York Stock Exchange (MGA).
Currently Magna has an open position for an International Tax Manager for its tax department located at its head office in Aurora, Ontario.
The successful candidate will have responsibility in the international tax area including tax research and analysis, tax risk management, and tax compliance for Magna’s foreign subsidiaries and will report to Assistant Director, International Tax.
· Research and Analysis of international tax issues relating to Magna’s foreign affiliates
· Prepare/Review tax attribute computations (i.e. surplus, cost base and gains and losses)
· Prepare T1134 forms, tax elections with supporting documentation in respect of Magna’s foreign affiliates
· Assist with managing the T1134 filing process
· Assist with external tax audits
· Identify/Implement tax process improvements
· Develop strong working relationships with other functional areas
Knowledge and Education
· A professional accounting designation (CPA) and the completion of the CICA in-depth tax course is desirable
· A minimum of 5 years of corporate international tax experience in a large public accounting or a multinational firm
Skills and Competencies
· Excellent project management and interpersonal skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels
· Proficient with tax technology and software
· Excellent organizational skills
· Regular office environment
· Minimum travel, as required
· Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job process are available upon request.