WHO YOU ARE
You are passionate about creating an IKEA fit for the future with the customer at heart. Contributing to overall success and results through collaboration, and excellent knowledge and expertise gets you energized. Working together in an ever-changing multi-dimensional environment inspires you, and you are motivated by finding new ways through co-creation with colleagues and other IKEA units.
· You hold an Undergraduate degree in accounting, business, commerce or equivalent.
· M-Tax degree or CPA- In depth tax course in progress or completed..... an asset
· You bring 2-5 years of experience.
· A Professional Designation in accounting, CPA is an Asset.
· Proficiency in Excel, tax preparation and tax research software
· Experience in Transfer Pricing activities would be an asset
· Advanced analytical skills and detail orientation
· A high level of enthusiasm, considerable motivation and a strong willingness to learn.
· The ability to operate independently and communicate effectively at all levels of a fast paced change -oriented organization.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
· Implement a country tax strategy in line with the relevant Group Policies, Strategies and Business Plans, after consultation with Group Tax
· Ensure control in respect of Direct and Indirect tax obligations, risks and opportunities, by implementing and maintaining the IKEA Group Tax Control Framework
· Ensure accurate and timely filing of the Corporate Income Tax returns, VAT returns and all other reports to local and central authorities
· Support on tax relevant matters regarding management and statutory reporting
· Manage local Transfer Pricing documentation in liaison with Group Tax
· Ensure correct application for and timely submission of forms to obtain tax treaty relief for Withholding Tax on Franchise Fee, Interest, Dividends and other relevant payments
· Advise the local finance organization on any relevant tax matters
· Provide input to the relevant stakeholders, including Group Tax, on opportunities to optimize the existing legal structure and business set-up and how to structure new investments
· Ensure accurate and compliant output of automated tax relevant solutions
· Alert Group Tax on any potential areas for improvement
· Handle tax audits, where relevant in cooperation with Group Tax
· Ensure availability of books and records in accordance with local legal requirements
· Ensure relevant tax competence, knowledge and awareness amongst team members and other relevant staff
· Participate in local and/or global projects (providing relevant input)
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
We see ourselves as influencers – we steer the IKEA business by finding the truth behind the figures. Together we secure compliance with local and international laws and reporting standards; we assure that accounting processes are efficient and that tax compliance meets business needs. We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing reliable financial data to a wide variety of stakeholders. At the end of the day, that’s one of the foundations to make IKEA even better!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE US
From the deep forests in Sweden, we have spread our culture and values around the world. At the heart of our offer are our beautiful home-furnishing products and solutions, made with care for our planet, reaching millions of customers. At the heart of our business, are our wonderful co-workers representing diversity in all dimensions and passionate for life at home. We all contribute with our uniqueness and we want to grow and develop together. Our vision, “to create a better everyday life for the many people” inspires and guides us in everything we do. This is IKEA.
WHAT WE ALL HAVE IN COMMON
· Living our values
· Being your unique self, while respecting and including others
· A passion for home furnishing
· Performing & delivering while learning & developing
· Having fun!