Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As an advisor, you will work in tandem with your colleagues at the Payroll, Individual taxation and Accounts Payable Department, as well as with the Talent Department (human resources), to determine the proper international tax implications that apply to artists and other individuals within Cirque du Soleil traveling around the world.
You will be asked to:
· Determine tax implications and deductions applicable to the remuneration earned by artists and other individuals within Cirque du Soleil working in various countries;
· Reply to questions and requests of the Payroll and Accounts Payable divisions and Talent (human resources) department;
· Advise and inform artists and other individuals hired by Cirque du Soleil with regards to the various tax implications (income tax, social security and tax residency) associated with changing countries as part of their international assignment;
· Prepare compliance documents, including producing tax forms, income tax reduction or exemption requests, certificates of coverage in accordance with social security agreements and personal income tax returns as well as follow ups of notices of assessment.
We want to meet you if you have:
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration; Master’s degree in taxation, an asset;
· Minimum of one of two years of experience and relevant knowledge in the field of Individual Taxation;
· Knowledge of Canadian tax laws and other countries an asset, as well as international tax treaties and social security agreements;
· Ability to prepare tax returns for Canada and the US an asset;
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
· Rigor and good judgement;
· A great fluency in French and English.
You will love to:
· Make a real difference with the quality of your work
· Learn and grow within our international environment
· See our shows and contribute to their success
· After a meeting, go witness artists training in our studios
· Work out at our gym or go for a run in the nearby park
· Meet colleagues with a creative mind in your everyday work
· Get involved in our community