Job Number 190006OF
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full-Time
Manager, Tax- Income Tax
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Income Tax, the Manager, Income Tax will assist other senior level tax professionals (i.e., DVP Income Tax, VP Income Tax, SVP Taxation) in matters relating to tax planning and tax compliance, with the overall goal of effectively managing the income tax function within the organization. The successful candidate must possess excellent analytical and interpersonal skills and be able to work independently in a complex environment with a confident, hands-on approach.
As the Manager, Tax- Income Tax You Will:
· Research, analysis and preparation of memos related to technical issues;
· Research and analysis related to foreign affiliate matters;
· Preparation of tax modelling and other tax related calculations;
· Preparation and filing of foreign reporting information returns for foreign affiliates (Form T1134)
· Preparation of surplus computations for foreign affiliates of HBC.
· Research and prepare responses to CRA international tax audit queries.
· Providing tax advice to business units, such as legal and treasury departments;
· Involvement with non-routine projects, including tax planning strategies;
· Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of tax legislative developments.
· Assist other Senor tax professionals in the group with other planning and compliance work as needed.
Who You Are:
· Sense of urgency, flexibility, ability to multi-task
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· A respected leader, with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization
· Strong business acumen, and the ability to quickly assess a new environment and develop solutions that support the business strategy, critical objectives, and cultural norms
· Creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action
· Strong relationship building and influence skills
· Ability to think strategically as well as rolling up one’s sleeves and getting into the work. The successful candidate will be a change agent who is flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid paced environment.
· Embody a culture of taking smart risks and innovating to win
You Also Have:
· Bachelor’s Degree and has an accounting designation such as CGA or CA
· 3+years direct income tax experience, preferably with a large accounting firm
· Completion of CICA In-Depth income tax course or MTAX program
· Strong accounting and tax research skills
· Strong excel based skills
· Analytical and detail-oriented;
· Proactive and works independently;
· Results oriented, must be willing to take ownership of all assigned responsibilities
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
Your Life and Career at HBC:
· Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
· Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
· A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
· Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
· An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.