Job ID: 190005AX
Our Corporate Headquarters, located in Richmond Hill, is looking for an intern in the Accounting, Tax and Customs Department, starting January 2020.The Accounting and Tax Intern will be assisting the Accounting, Tax and Customs Department with various tasks such as preparation of all tax provisions, corporate tax returns, regulatory tax filings and tax remittances. The intern will manage certain key accounts within the Accounting GL System, as well as, prepare financial documents and reconciliations for month end and audits. The successful candidate will also assist with Federal and Provincial tax audits as they occur and perform tax research as requested.Finally, the Accounting and Tax Intern will assist with compliance-related projects including Internal Control System (ICS). Additional tasks relating to Customs Clearance and project management will also be required.
· Assist with the preparation of the Company’s year-end tax provisions.
· Assist with all Regulatory tax filings (CRA requests and questionnaires) and tax remittances (i.e. HST, PST, QST, etc.).
· Assist in calculation and filing of taxable benefits.
· Manage key month-end reconciliations.
· Assist in Customs clearance processes.
· Assist in ongoing Customs projects relating to CON DC.
· Prepare financial documentation and reconciliation for audit.
· Assist in Government tax audits such as income tax, commodity tax and transfer pricing.
· Assist with all areas of ICS projects.
Qualifications and Experience
· University Degree with focus in Tax or Accounting
· One to two years of experience with Accounting/Tax Department
· Attention to detail, multi-tasking and ability to meet tight deadlines
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A strong academic record (please attach school transcripts within your application)
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
BMW Group Canada is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of associates and creating an inclusive environment. BMW Group Canada does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law.