This position will work with corporate finance and the business units, service providers, and other tax members in order to accurately and timely provide the tax impact of financial results on a quarterly, and annual basis. Will also include the preparation of appropriate documentation for all compliance overseen.
Will be responsible for gathering date from various sources to support the compliance and reporting associated with the international operations, including 5471, 8858 and other US tax reporting, supporting the tax provision, supporting transfer pricing studies and analysis, and supporting various other analysis and projects on an ad hoc basis.
Will need to assess, improve, and maintain efficient internal control procedures for income tax reporting that adhere to Company policy, and ensure all supporting evidence of quarterly and annual controls are in compliance and available for Sarbanes-Oxley 404 review.
Will work with the rest of the tax team on analyzing complex tax issues to ensure proper tax treatment for both tax provision and return purposes. Will implement process improvements to enhance the group’s efficiency and effectiveness, with a focus on how to enhance data collection and analysis capabilities. Will assist with IRS and state audits
Background of international; tax reporting (5471, 8858, etc.)
Strong background in working with various accounting and ERP systems, with a focus on data collection and analysis.
Experience with accounting for income taxes
Experience with OneSource compliance and provision software a plus
Strong computer and technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Detail oriented, analytical, and intellectually curious, with the ability to learn quickly
The ability to work both independently and contribute to the effective performance of the team, as well as work for the overall success of the company
· Strong knowledge of GAAP as it relates to accounting and financial reporting for income taxes (ASC 740) in a global environment
· Strong accounting skills beyond accounting for income taxes
· Well-developed analytical, communication and writing skills
· Working knowledge of internal accounting and financial reporting controls
· Experience with Sarbanes Oxley Sec 404 internal control documentation and certification requirements.
· Experience with enterprise wide accounting, general ledger and consolidation software, preferably SAP, Oracle, Hyperion and /or Business Planning and Consolidations
· Ability to consistently meet mandatory due dates on various reports and projection
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Bachelors or better in Accounting.