Reference Number SCA00000072
Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth.
Sony Corporation of America (SCA) is seeking a Director State and Local Tax to join their Global Tax Office located in NYC. The position will report to the Director of State and Local tax and interface with various tax professionals who manage each of the individual business segments. The position requires a candidate that is self-motivated, career-oriented and has good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Responsible for State tax audits focusing on income tax for the Sony group
· Preparation of the SALT quarterly and yearend accounting schedules
· Demonstrate knowledge of ASC 740 and ability to prepare income tax accrual calculations
· Support Tax Director in analyzing and documenting tax implications of business planning issues
· Conduct complex state tax research and draft/review technical memorandums
· Identify opportunities and risks and make recommendations to manage tax liability
· Keep current on state legislative changes and developments
· Work, in conjunction with segment staff to insure the accuracy of apportionment data collection and reconciliation
· Prepare correspondence and documentation to support questions raised by various taxing jurisdictions through correspondence and the tax audit process
· Interact with accounting, finance, and operating business unit staff
· Maintain the department’s compliance calendar
Required Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Tax/Accounting, MBA/MS in tax a plus
· Minimum of 10 years of state and local tax experience with industry experience in a multinational corporate environment
· Exceptional leadership skills required
· Good communication skills required
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Corptax Compliance software, RIA/BNA tax research
· All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.