Innovative products begin with talented, highly motivated individuals. Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market, invites you to join our dynamic, industry-leading workforce. Our world-class portfolio of brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis, offers the unique opportunity to follow your passion for automotives in business or technical fields at locations across North America. And when you work for a Daimler company, you join a global network of over 250,000 dedicated employees on 6 continents who share your passion. Apply today and explore the world of Daimler!
Compile, analyze, and document financial and business data to support the transfer pricing policies. Primarily responsible for Canadian (and other international) tax matters, including tax return preparation, tax audits, and assessments.
· Prepare international tax filings for all business units. Coordinate with consultants in the preparation and review of foreign tax filings, assist with the preparation of working papers in an accurate and timely manner. Work to minimize Canadian taxes and maximize cash flow. Ensure any beneficial adjustments are sought.
· Manage special international projects including annual BEPS Reporting and Transfer Pricing studies. Coordinate and communicate with the Transfer Pricing Responsible within Controlling regarding these projects including overall development of project tasks and goals.
· Prepare and analyze the Tax general ledger accounts as well as annual foreign tax estimates and accruals. Recommend adjustments based on information and analysis.
· Monitor, trouble shoot, and reconcile all foreign tax accounts with taxing foreign authorities to ensure interest and penalties are minimized. Ensure appropriate payments are made on a timely basis to foreign taxing authority. Prepare and submit legal documentation to support claims for adjustments with foreign taxing authority (e.g. Notices of Objection) when required.
· Assist in the preparation and filing of all US Federal, State and Local tax returns, working papers and studies in an accurate and timely manner. Work to minimize U.S. taxes and maximize cash flow. Provide peer review for other tax preparations to ensure filing requirements are met. Ensure all internal control documentation and disclosure policies are met.
· Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of related experience OR an associate’s degree with 4 years of related experience OR 8 years of related experience required
· At least 1 year of group leader, project lead, or mentoring experience required
· Accurately be able to communicate tax consequences for various business issues required
· Research various tax issues required
· Extensive interaction with the various tax teams in the NAFTA region required
· Preparation of tax research memorandums required
· Strong understanding of U.S. Corporate Income Tax and International Income Tax required
· Proficiency in SAP and/or CorpTax software required
· Master’s Degree in Taxation Preferred
· 4-7 years previous experience in corporate income tax preparation in a manufacturing environment or a national/regional public accounting firm preferred
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application.
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.