In this role you have opportunity to
Leverage your analytical, technical capabilities, persistence and enthusiasm to provide the utmost adherence to Indirect Tax compliance. You will continually expand your expertise in Indirect Tax and Accounting as well as demonstrate your abilities to bring superior accounting and leadership to Philips.
You are responsible for the following
Supporting the Indirect Tax team and Indirect Tax Manager. Supporting a high volume of businesses across the United States, across several sectors, you must be able to respond quickly and maintain a high sense of urgency to ensure integrity and accuracy of the reporting from yourself. You will be responsible to build a network across the Philips organization as well as external third party support teams to leverage best- in-class results. To excel in this role you should be able to constantly challenge yourself and others to achieve and surpass the goals of the team.
· Manage the preparation and review of transaction tax filings, including sales and use tax, property taxes, gross receipt taxes, and business licenses.
· Assist with managing the Indirect Tax function to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations, as well as minimize risk and exposure.
· Participate in ERP system’s design, maintenance, and implementation related to indirect tax matters to ensure compliance, enhance efficiency and minimize expense.
· Identify and implement Indirect Tax planning opportunities.
· Research and document sales and use tax issues and keep current on transaction tax developments.
· Prepare and review monthly tax reconciliations for the indirect tax liability accounts.
· Review monthly use tax accruals for accuracy.
· Extract data from financial systems for sales and use tax filings; maintain tax software and processes.
· Maintain documentation in accordance with SOX requirements.
· Ensure processes are in place to obtain sales tax exemption certificates and periodically audit those processes for compliance.
· Manage and perform special projects as needed.
· Perform all other related duties as assigned.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Taxation, Accounting, or Finance required.
· MST and/or CPA/CMI preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in a large corporate environment preferred.
· Experience with Unclaimed Property audits.
· Knowledge of US Indirect tax laws/regulations.
· Able to work under critical time constraints.
· Knowledge of SAP and Vertex O Series preferred.
· Excellent analytical, organization, planning and communication skills.
You are a part of
An international team who will drive transitions around the world. The ideal candidate for the Indirect Tax Accountant role will have demonstrated strong analytical capabilities as well as technical knowledge of Indirect Tax compliance.
In this role we offer you
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Embrace the unexpected
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while transforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s an experience filled with unexpected moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
For U.S. applicants only: As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.