Job Number: FNG0007107
Our Accounting & Finance department seeks a Tax Manager to provide support and guidance related to tax reporting requirements.
· Responsible for gathering information needed for filing monthly/quarterly sales tax returns and remitting payment to tax authorities in a timely manner. Responsible for reconciling sales tax accounts and coordinates with fulfillment vendors to ensure proper sales tax collection according to NGP’s changing nexus requirements. Responsible for the oversight of state sales tax audits and responds to state sales tax notices.
· Serves as liaison for all tax related issues and provides information requested by the New York and Los Angeles tax teams for preparation of federal and state income tax returns.
· Responsible for managing the 1099 and 1042 reporting and filing requirements to ensure that NGP is in compliance with IRS regulations.
· Responsible for unclaimed property data collection and coordinating with 21st Century Fox to complete bi-annual unclaimed property filings.
· Responsible for filing periodic state/IRS speaker withholding tax payments/forms and quarterly US census bureau reports. Prepares and files local personal property tax/DC ballpark tax filings and coordinates annual tax reporting for trip/prize winners.
· Other duties as assigned.
· B.S. Accounting, CPA preferred
· At least 5 years of public accounting or corporate experience preferable in the state and local tax area
· Ability to identify, research, and resolve tax issues.
· Strong PC skills - Word, Excel and highly integrated GL systems and subsystems.
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between National Geographic and 21st Century Fox, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic’s media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children’s media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 129 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers … and reaching over 730 million people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.