Daimler North America Corporation holds direct or indirect equity in Daimler AG subsidiaries in the US and manages Daimler Canada Finance Inc.(DCFI) in Canada. Daimler's Treasury USA/Canada group accesses the capital markets to raise funds for the Daimler Group utilizing Commercial Paper, Asset-Backed Securities(ABS), EMTNs and Private Placement programs. It maintains an in-house cash management system and manages risk through foreign exchange and interest rate risk management products.
Primarily prepare State tax compliance with auxiliary Federal tax compliance support for Daimler North America Corporation and Subsidiaries, provide tax audit support, and provide internal financial reporting support. Ensure accurate preparation and timely submission of all tax returns required under U.S. federal and state tax laws/regulations. Ensure all tax results and exposures are complete and accurately forecasted and valued for financial reporting purposes in accordance with IFRS. Conduct ad hoc tax research and complex analysis requiring close interaction with other departments in the organization including other Daimler t ax departments.
· Prepare timely and accurate income, franchise and excise tax returns required by U.S. federal and state tax laws and regulations. Prepare tax quarterly estimate and extension payment requests and respond to notices/correspondence from state tax authorities. (60%)
· Assist with the preparation of detailed tax forecasts, operative planning, tax contingency analysis, and cash forecasting. Reconcile monthly payments to general ledger activity. (10%)
· Provide audit support for state income and franchise tax audits. (15%)
· Assist with the planning and special projects for DNAC and subsidiaries in order to minimize corporate tax liabilities while complying with applicable laws; Perform ad hoc technical research as required or as requested; Perform periodic internal control testing as required by Daimler policy. (15%)
This position requires a minimum of 2+ years of overall work experience. Preferred experience includes:
· Accounting - Knowledge of internal controls, recording and reporting of financial transactions, including the origination of the transaction, its recognition, processing, and summarization in the financial statements.
· Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, as it relates to the automotive industry.
Bachelor’s Degree is required for this position and a Masters’ Degree preferred. Recommended degrees include:
· Accounting or Law
· Tax (Masters of Science)
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Required
· Analytical Skills - Ability to collect data and establish facts and identify trends and variances; Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources with varied levels of complexity
· Must have knowledge of U.S. federal and state income tax laws
· Must possess highly developed analytical and computer skills for tax research and evaluation of financial data for management
· Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Must have the ability to analyze tax law and written memoranda
Daimler North America Corporation offers competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full suite of benefits including 401(K) with match, generous vacation and personal time, performance-based bonuses, a Mercedes-Benz car program and more.