Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a seasoned Tax Manager to join its tax team responsible for supporting the growth and expansion of Facebook product offerings and new initiatives globally. The position will be based in Menlo Park, California and will be reporting to the Director of Tax based in Menlo Park, California. The successful candidate needs to have a proven record of supporting new products and initiatives go-to-market in a fast-paced environment. The Tax Manager will work closely with members of US and international tax teams, accounting and other finance functions, as well as cross-functional business teams. The individual must be a self-starter, fast learner and capable of working with limited direction while taking full ownership of their areas of responsibility. The candidate will be expected to anticipate and surface issues, solve problems, recommend solutions and support go-to-market, and exercise good business judgment while performing these functions. The candidate is expected to have a strong business acumen coupled with a broad tax technical and industry background, as well as strong communication skills to effectively facilitate information flow between Product and Project business teams, Engineering and the broad Finance organizations. Effective time management and prioritization skills in managing multiple projects are essential to the success of this role.
· Build and strengthen working relationships and scale with the growth of business teams to ensure integration with various business functions, bring tax awareness and champion tax requirements
· Partner with US & international tax teams and work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure full tax integration
· Embed with product management organizations, work closely with platform and product engineering teams to provide tax due diligence in supporting end-to-end full life cycle of product deployment, including but not limited to design review, testing, launch, tax functionality, reporting and compliance
· Work with finance and accounting teams to implement and improve end-to-end tax process and procedures to mitigate risks
· Provide day-to-day operational guidance and timely address cross-functional finance and business teams’ inquiries
· Work with internal policy team and external advisors supporting indirect tax policy initiatives
· Support Indirect Tax team with indirect tax audits globally
· International and US travel
· 10+ years of working experience in related field and industry
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Economics or related field
· Experience communicating and presenting tax matters to all levels of business organizations
· Experience working with and in a cross-functional team
· Experience with eCommerce, hardware and/or media industry
· Prior experience with combination of relevant industry and consulting
· Post-graduate degree in tax or related
· Entrepreneurial spirit, hands-on, results-oriented and self-motivated
· Analytical skills, flexibility, and creativity
· Strong sense of ownership and accountability
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.