Google's in-house tax team knows all things corporate tax. Made up of smart, perceptive Googlers with a flair for domestic, international and sales & use tax, the knowledge and expertise of this team runs deep. You have years of experience in this field and an extensive knowledge of those tax issues most relevant to internet companies. While we don't give our Googlers individual tax advice, you make it easy for Googlers to get what they need to make good tax decisions. You find ways to work smarter by streamlining and automating our tax processes and systems, and find ways to be both innovative and compliant.
You have worked extensively on U.S. International Tax compliance and provision requirements, are proficient in complex operational transfer pricing matters, have supervisory experience and possess a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
· Manage and coordinate the global intercompany computations of the company.
· Manage the preparation and review of international tax forms (i.e. Forms 5471, 8858, 926) and disclosures.
· Lead the team’s activities in the quarterly provision process.
· Provide leadership on operational transfer pricing policy execution, including the development and implementation of new efficient processes related to global intercompany transactions and compliance obligations.
· Liaise with international tax planning, tax reporting and FP&A, maintaining a highly collaborative relationship that ensures that international tax compliance and provision matters are reflected in the workstreams of these teams.
· Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business, or equivalent practical experience.
· 15 years of international tax experience in public accounting and/or a corporate tax department.
· Experience managing international tax compliance and intercompany transaction processes for multinational corporations.
· MS degree in Taxation, or other relevant advanced degree.
· Extensive experience with the management, development and automation of complex intercompany processes.
· Managerial experience with a demonstrated ability to build and develop team talent.
· Thorough working knowledge of the relevant aspects of ASC 740.
· Excellent business partnering and communication skills; possesses the ability to communicate highly technical matters to business partners outside the tax team.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.