Reference Number SCA00000085
Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth.
Sony Corporation of America (SCA) has an exciting opportunity to join the NYC Corporate HQ tax team. The Senior Tax Accountant will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing income tax reporting for all Sony Corporation of America foreign subsidiaries. This includes: maintaining ASC 740 tax packages; training of affiliates worldwide; required consolidation of deferred tax assets and liabilities; monthly updates, forecast and budgets. Maintain tax basis, as well as earnings and profits calculations for these foreign subsidiaries. Organize and prepare income tax reporting forms for foreign subsidiaries as required for filing with the Internal Revenue Service. Perform research on international tax issues.
· Assist in reviewing and analysis of foreign income tax provision reporting for all foreign subsidiaries in the Sony Corporation of America.
· Assist in reviewing updates of pre-tax income/income tax for tax budgets, forecast and forecast updates for all foreign subsidiaries.
· Prepare income tax returns as required by the Internal Revenue Service (5471, 5472, 5713, 8858, 8865 & 1120F).
· Maintain the earnings and profits, tax pools and tax basis for all foreign subsidiaries.
· Calculate and determine Subpart F income inclusions.
· Prepare foreign tax credit analysis for the Sony Corporation of America consolidated group (Form 1118).
· Perform International compliance research as required.
· Preparation and review of Form 1042 and 1042-S for selected U.S. companies
· Prepare and maintain documentation required to obtain royalty/dividend/interest w/h tax rates under treaties between the U.S and foreign countries. Includes obtaining tax certifications from the IRS.
· Undergraduate Degree required in Accounting
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience – Strong mix of compliance and tax provision
· International tax compliance experience preferred
· Solid understanding of book and tax accounting required
· Working knowledge Excel, Corp Tax
· CPA or MST preferred
· Must be detail oriented, organized and a team player
· All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.