Job Number: RINT10125
Job Type: Internships
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
20th Century Fox
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film (TCFF) produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. During fiscal 2017, TCFF placed 25 motion pictures in general release in the United States. The motion pictures produced and/or distributed by TCFF in the United States and international territories in fiscal 2017 included Hidden Figures, Logan, Jackie, and The Boss Baby. TCFF has released or currently plans to release approximately 23 motion pictures in the United States in fiscal 2018.
Fox is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry’s brightest talent. The Fox Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning for one of the biggest media and entertainment companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
The Fox Internship Program provides mentoring and learning opportunities to help you develop your skills, network with Fox employees, and learn more about what it’s like to work in the entertainment industry.
The Intern will be responsible for assisting the Fox Tax Department with Federal & some State Income Tax Compliance. Intern assignments include, but are not limited to:
· Gather and analyze data, perform computations and prepare work papers for tax returns and tax provisions, and prepare federal and state corporate income tax estimates, extensions and returns for a diverse group of corporations conducting multi-national operations.
· Work with various tax, business and accounting personnel throughout the company to obtain and analyze data needed for tax compliance.
· Develop knowledge of federal and state income tax laws, regulations, and current developments. Research income tax compliance-related matters.
· Develop an understanding of the structure, functionality and reporting capabilities of the corporate general ledger system and key tax software applications.
Only students, who are actively enrolled in a college or university, working towards a degree, will be considered for this opportunity.
· Must be actively enrolled in a college or university (working towards a degree). A candidate in the third or fourth year of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or similar field) is preferred.
· Prior professional internship experience within tax or accounting is helpful. Basic knowledge of federal and state income tax laws and regulations is highly desired.
· Candidates must be hard working, self-starters, performance-oriented and able to meet the demands of a diverse business environment in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
· Proven problem solving skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Excellent analytical and organization skills are essential. Attention to detail is a must.
· Candidates must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office.
To participate in Fox’s Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
· Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
· Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
· Housing is not provided, so please have a housing option guaranteed before applying.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.