Google's in-house tax team knows all things corporate tax. Made up of smart, perceptive Googlers with a flair for domestic, international and sales & use tax, the knowledge and expertise of this team runs deep. You have years of experience in this field and an extensive knowledge of those tax issues most relevant to internet companies. While we don't give our Googlers individual tax advice, you make it easy for Googlers to get what they need to make good tax decisions. You find ways to work smarter by streamlining and automating our tax processes and systems, and find ways to be both innovative and compliant.
The name Google came from ""googol,"" a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
· Assist with business units tax compliance including sales, use and property tax compliance.
· Perform tax research and analysis of complex indirect tax issues.
· Lead the documentation of tax policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Support the development of indirect tax procedures and systems for business units.
· Assist with special tax projects across various indirect tax teams.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent practical experience.
· 4 years of indirect tax experience in public accounting firm and/or industry
· CPA and/or MST.
· Possess knowledge of various sales tax engines and ERP systems
· Telecommunication industry knowledge.
· Proficient using Google enterprise applications
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.