Job Number: 180001J2
Numbers matter. So do relationships.
At Caterpillar, a career in accounting isn’t about numbers. It’s about helping us make smart, ethical financial decisions. You may not physically build Cat®products, but the guidance you provide helps make what we make possible. That’s why we seek accountants who operate with the highest levels of integrity—individuals with the skills and confidence to act as trusted advisors. Your financial expertise matters, of course, but you’ll succeed here if you’re also:
It’s your career. Where will it take you?
As a Tax & Trade Center of Excellence (COE) Manager at Caterpillar, you will lead teams to provide expert tax counsel to business units for complex projects, and/or initiatives, develop and implement complex tax planning strategies, provide guidance to tax teams, review compliance activities and support Global Tax & Trade compliance and planning initiatives.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Provide tax and trade expertise on regulatory compliance and reporting requirements
· Drive process improvements and efficiencies through the tax and trade lifecycle
· Perform both detail and quality reviews for mid/lower risk tax returns, regulatory reporting and supporting documentation
· Identify and liaise with technical specialists to ensure appropriate review on technical or higher risk areas
· Support the tax filings including maintaining proper documentation to sustain tax calculations
· Process returns on a timely and accurate basis
· Set and manage team deadlines and staffing across the tax calendar and lifecycle
· Accountable for leading training programs for staff in conjunction with peers
· Set staff goals/metrics and monitor progress
· Resolve issues identified by their team and escalate tax issues to appropriate technical specialists when necessary
· Originate and lead process improvement projects and provide data and technology expertise across the COE
· Represent the Center of Excellence with in-depth knowledge on business, financial and managerial issues within a service organization as it relates to tax and trade matters
· Understand outcomes and have an enterprise view when resolving issues or completing projects
· Direct and lead teams within or outside of the Center of Excellence on global tax and trade initiatives
· Provide enterprise solutions to business units and management
· Take full responsibility for outcomes and has a strong accountability role on teams
· Manage significant tax and trade matters relating to a specific country, group of countries or region
· Manage a work unit of primarily professional employees where review of subordinate work - train, develop, and mentor
· All personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates
· Evaluate adherence to corporate and external reporting requirements and/or business analysis methodology
· Accomplish complex and/or technical analysis to render tax compliance or business recommendations
· Utilize data gathered by others to render a tax opinion or business recommendation
· Provide tax advice/recommendations on strategic business issues and collaborate with internal/external parties as appropriate
· Conduct and analyze tax research for business unit and global tax planning initiatives, including legal entity and supply chain reorganizations and compliance management
· Apply tax research results to optimize enterprise tax effects
· Analyze and interpret proposed changes to US and/or non-US tax legislations and regulations, requiring in-depth of experience, knowledge and judgment
· Provide analysis for US and non-US tax audits, frequently working with examiners and authorities to resolve tax dispute
· Provide tax leadership role for financial statement reporting
· Provide leadership on financial issues in areas such as tax and/or financial systems and communicating complex tax items to a broader global audience
· Provide business analysis for more complex business studies with multiple issues such as: supply chain changes and reorganizations, corporate sourcing, mergers and acquisitions, NPI and competitive analysis
· Provide managerial expertise to non-accountants and provides guidance on business risk management governance process, US and/or local GAAP and internal controls
· Bachelors degree, preferably in accounting or related field
· 7 to 10 years of progressively responsible accounting, tax, or job related experience
Top Candidates Will Have:
· Extensive knowledge of tax law, often involving a variety of jurisdictions
· In-depth knowledge of accounting practices and systems
· Demonstrate high levels of initiative and good judgment
· Superior communication skills
· Understanding of accounting and business processes, and enterprise operations
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Unposting Date - Apr 24, 2018