Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a State and Local Tax Manager to join its tax team. The position will be responsible for handling all aspects of state and local tax matters, including income tax, sales/use tax, and property tax. The position will be based in Menlo Park, California and will be reporting to the State Tax Director. The candidate should possess strong technical knowledge of state and local taxes. The candidate should also have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
· Manage state tax audits, planning projects, and ruling requests
· Work with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate state tax issues
· Research and analyze state and local tax issues, including assessing impact of new legislation
· Assist with preparation of state tax provision and conduct SOX testing on state tax controls
· Coordinate with external service providers on the preparation of state income tax, sales/use tax, and property tax returns, including compiling relevant source information
· Review tax work papers and tax returns prepared by external service providers
· Manage tax payment process, working closely with Treasury and AP
· Manage state income tax, sales/use tax, and property tax account accruals and reconciliations
· 8+ years of state and local tax experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Tax, Accounting or related field
· Knowledge in state income tax, sales/use tax, and property tax
· Analytical and problem solving experience
· Experience interacting with outside service providers
· Experience in Big 4 and/or US multinational company
· Graduate degree with emphasis in Tax
· Experience handling state tax matters for technology companies
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.