Job ID 12676
Aviall, a Boeing Company is the world's largest provider of new aviation parts and related aftermarket services. Aviall markets and distributes products for more than 240 manufacturers and offers approximately 2,000,000 catalog items from 40 customer service centers located in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Aviall prides itself in having an open performancebased culture throughout the organization. We offer an environment that is diverse, challenging and supportive, and provides hands-on experience and real-world responsibilities that serves as the springboard for a successful career. We are also very proud to consistently receive outstanding awards for our diversity and recruitment efforts including the Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers. Come join our talented world class team and thrive in a dynamic and supportive culture. Maintains tax records and prepares tax returns, related schedules, and related reports. Prepares paperwork for local, state and federal level returns.
The Tax Accountant IV, maintains tax records and prepares tax returns, related schedules, and related reports. Prepares paperwork for local, state and federal level returns.
· Responsible for complex projects related to application of tax laws and preparation of one or all of the following: federal, state, or local tax returns.
· Analyzes and summarizes tax information and prepares tax returns, related schedules and reporting.
· Completes tax provisions, computations, and statutory returns, and handles correspondence with external agencies.
· Prepares and submits tax returns, assisting in the preparation of complex computations and information for published accounts and forecasts.
· Performs research and analysis of key issues in a wide range of tax specialties. Conducts studies and investigates tax issues.
· Notifies management of the implications of tax changes that may affect the organization.
· Responds to government agencies, performs audits and the execution of tax preparation.
· Ensures compliance in accordance with current legislation and within established deadlines.
· May be involved with tax implications of mergers and acquisitions.
· May provide guidance and training to less experienced staff.
· Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
· 4-6 years of accounting experience including 1+ years of tax accounting experience.
· Will consider combined education/experience in lieu of degree.
· Has knowledge of commonly used concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve problems
· Proven ability to research and communicate technical tax issues clearly to non-tax people and work effectively across all levels of internal process owners and external advisors.
· Strong communication, presentation and project management skills
· Strong leadership skills In-depth knowledge of U.S. International tax laws, including Subpart F, FTC, transfer pricing and foreign currency
· Knowledge of ASC-740, formerly FAS 109.
· Experience with supply chain planning preferred.
· SAP, Vertex, TaxStream, Crystal or other related data extraction and analysis software.
· 2+ years of experience preparing sales and use tax return with some experience preparing Canadian returns.