Google's in-house tax team knows all things corporate tax. Made up of smart, perceptive Googlers with a flair for domestic, international and sales & use tax, the knowledge and expertise of this team runs deep. You have years of experience in this field and an extensive knowledge of those tax issues most relevant to internet companies. While we don't give our Googlers individual tax advice, you make it easy for Googlers to get what they need to make good tax decisions. You find ways to work smarter by streamlining and automating our tax processes and systems, and find ways to be both innovative and compliant.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
· Work with senior tax department members on developing methodologies and processes for tax and business calculations, including international tax provision and FIN 48.
· Coordinate and perform tax diligence related to acquisitions, including integration planning, tax calculations, and documentation.
· Assist with tax audits, including gathering information, preparing write-ups, and communicating with external advisors and tax authorities.
· Collect information on new product launches and conduct due diligence on tax implications of launch (including VAT, withholding tax, and other tax compliance and risks). Prepare slide presentations and spreadsheets to communicate and document tax requirements and risks for these product launches.
· Project manage numerous workstreams with internal business partners and external advisors.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar field, or equivalent practical experience.
· 4 years of experience in a tax-related function at an accounting firm and/or industry.
· International tax planning experience.
· Strong experience with writing (i.e., research memos) and spreadsheet calculations.
· Strong tax research, analytical and communication skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.