Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sorriso, Kolynos, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sanex, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet, Hill’s Prescription Diet and Hill’s Ideal Balance.
The Senior International Tax Analyst supports the Associate Manager and Director of Colgate-Palmolive Company’s international tax return compliance function in accordance with the U.S. tax law reporting requirements. This includes Controlled Foreign Corporations, Foreign Branches, and Foreign Joint Ventures. The Senior Analyst will correspond in audits performed by the IRS and foreign tax authorities, including gathering the data and preparing accurate and complete answers to requests by a representative of those tax agencies. He/she will prepare the actual and forecast net cost of income earned by foreign branches, partnerships, and subsidiaries.
Let's talk about responsibilities:
· Prepare and review a selection of annual and quarterly complex calculations on earnings & profits, taxable income and foreign tax credits of Colgate-Palmolive Company’s foreign branches and subsidiaries based on the financial information, foreign tax returns and questionnaires gathered from overseas.
· Consolidate the tax calculations for the tax return, quarterly forecasts and IRS audits and document and explain variances.
· Perform and complete all necessary compliance functions for the international tax which includes tax system processing, tax returns and statements filed with Colgate-Palmolive Company’s tax returns.
· Monitor foreign transactions to determine sourcing of income, Subpart F income implications, deductibility and allocation of expenses, and foreign tax credit availability and utilization.
· Participate actively, as requested, in the process of audits conducted by the U.S. and foreign tax authorities, particularly in providing accurate and complete information requested by the representative of the tax authorities auditing the Company’s tax return and the tax returns of its foreign branches and subsidiaries;
· Participate with Senior Tax Managers in special tax planning, tax saving projects, and process improvement initiatives. Develop complex models, sensitivity analysis, and projections to clearly illustrate and quantify the effects of tax planning proposals and/or changes in circumstances and law. Present results of research analysis and modeling to tax and finance leadership.
· Assist in the monitoring and calculation of the Company’s U.S. tax provision relating to International Operations. Coordinate with Accounts Payable, Treasury, and Human Resources on US withholding tax matters.
What you need to have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. (Master’s degree in Taxation is a plus)
· 3-4 years of experience in international tax compliance work obtained in a public accounting firm.
· Solid computer skills (Excel, Google Suite, etc.) and either direct knowledge of, or the ability to, quickly and effectively learn to use the OneSource’s International Tax programs.
· Excellent knowledge of accounting and working knowledge of U.S. tax provisions affecting international operations, including Subpart F, foreign tax credits, foreign exchange transactions, hyperinflation, and allocation and apportionment of expenses to identified sources of income.
· Excellent organizational skills and meticulousness with numbers.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.