Job ID 00382540
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
A vital team member that is responsible for the accurate and timely filing of US Federal corporate income tax returns.
· Responsible for preparing US Federal income tax returns and quarterly estimated payments.
· Assist with income tax audits, R&D credit projects, fixed asset calculations, occasional tax research, and special tax projects, as required.
· Prepare tax provision calculations for specific assigned entities, including account reconciliations and supporting data.
· Remain current on new tax laws and regulations and appropriately reflect these changes from a tax compliance and a tax accounting perspective.
· Recommend and implement process improvements for compliance and tax accounting services.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred with 1 year of related experience OR an Associate’s degree with 2 years of related experience OR 6 years of related experience required
· An attached resume is required
· Corporate income tax experience required
· Previous experience with CorpTax and SAP preferred
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, multi-task oriented with a strong customer focus, and exceptional organizational skills required
· Ability to effectively communicate with management and outside business advisors and government agencies required
· 2 years in public accounting preferred
· Experience in accounting for income taxes preferred
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.