The Koch Business Solutions Payroll Operations Team is part of a larger US domestic payroll team that supports multiple Koch businesses with over 55,000 employees. We are currently seeking a Payroll Tax Analyst to join our team!
In this position you will provide oversight for tax transactions, troubleshooting, and various other activities for a team that manages payroll tax transactions for multiple legal entities across our Koch enterprise.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
· Complete registrations for state, local and unemployment tax
· Oversight to third party payroll tax services and unemployment services
· Review for accuracy and timeliness of multi-state payroll tax deposits according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations
· Provide outstanding tax services support by responding to and researching tax inquiries from employees and HR
· Frequent communication with customers regarding tax issues
· Experience with creating and documenting processes
· Ability to take the lead and troubleshoot issues until a solution has been reached with minimum supervision
· Performs testing of new tax setups
· Participate in tax updates and configuration changes for payroll system
· Ensures all audit reports are reviewed timely and adjustments have been made prior to close deadlines
· Serves as point of contact for escalations from internal and external customers
· Research and respond to tax notices
What You Will Need:
· 2+ years payroll tax experience for full cycle multi-state in-house payroll
· Experience with SAP or other financial systems such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, etc.
· Experience with pay calculations, tax and benefits, multi-state taxation rules, pay standards and wage and hour laws
· Experience with quarterly and year-end activities
· Bachelor’s degree OR 4+ years of equivalent payroll experience
· High school diploma or equivalent
· This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What You Will Need:
· Experience working with large complex clients
· Previous experience with tax and vendor updates within a large payroll system
· CPP certification
Want to learn more about KBS?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.