Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $100 billion, according to Forbes. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in refining, chemicals, and biofuels; forest and consumer products; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; process and pollution control systems; electronics, software and data analytics; minerals; glass; automotive components; ranching; commodity trading; and investments.
Since 2003, Koch companies have invested nearly $100 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures. With a presence in 50 countries, Koch companies employ nearly 120,000 people worldwide, with about 65,000 of those in the United States. From January 2009 to present, Koch companies have earned more than 1,300 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation, and customer service.
Koch Companies have positions available in Wichita, KS & Atlanta, GA.
A Day In The Life May Include:
Tax accounting roles at Koch companies extend far beyond simply putting numbers on tax forms. Here you can add significant value to the company by participating in tax planning and compliance at one of the largest private companies in America. The internship program includes value-added involvement in the business in a challenging and entrepreneurial work environment at a company with a global presence in more than 60 countries across many industries.
As a Tax Intern on our team, you may have the opportunity to:
· Prepare income tax returns to ensure accurate reporting and compliance with domestic and foreign tax law
· Build relationships and understand the business of assigned entities in order to assess tax opportunities
· Attend trainings to gain basic tax knowledge and become familiar with tax software programs
· Work side by side with staff, managers and directors on the tax planning and reporting of business transactions
· Apply concepts learned in the classroom
· Enhance communication, time management and analytical skills
The Koch internship program is an in-depth experience, placing interns in a challenging and meaningful work environment that includes value-added project involvement and professional mentoring. Interns also enjoy a variety of social events scheduled throughout the spring to facilitate networking and lasting career connections.
What You Will Need (Requirements):
· Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or Taxation with a minimum of six hours of accounting courses
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
· Eligible for full-time employment no later than summer 2020
· This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead (Preferences):
· Experience with Microsoft Excel, Power BI or other data analytics platforms, or a major/minor/emphasis in Business Analytics or Data Analytics
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.