Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Tax Policy Manager to join its Economic Policy Team as part of the Global Public Policy Team. The team's mission is to lead Facebook's engagement with policy makers around the world. This person will support the Tax Policy Lead at the company and work closely with the company's tax department and team of economic policy experts.
The Tax Policy Manager will assist in the formulation and implementation of the company’s tax policy strategy in the U.S. and internationally. This role will help develop tax policy positions with a focus on digital and digitalizing economy issues. This role will also assist in advising Facebook's internal teams on our tax policy strategy to help guide the development of products and services. Additionally, the Tax Policy Manager will aid in the development of Facebook's positions in public presentations or closed-door policy briefings.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of U.S. and international tax policy issues generally, as well as an understanding of the issues specific to internet business models. They will directly influence and collaborate with internal peers to drive the development and implementation of the company's tax policy strategy both domestically in the U.S. and abroad.
Tax policy around digital and digitalizing companies is changing to adapt to new and evolving business models. This role will also monitor tax policy trends and analyze relevant policy changes for the company and relevant stakeholders.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California or in our Washington D.C. office. International travel required.
· Assist in the development of tax policy positions with a focus on digital economy issues.
· Identify changing trends and develop proactive policy strategies.
· Assist in identifying, analyzing, and monitoring pressing tax issues aimed toward the digital economy domestically and internationally.
· Assist in implementing strategies that effectively address tax policy risks and strengthens ties between Facebook and relevant stakeholders.
· Articulate our tax policy positions in briefing papers, consultation responses, and internal policy meetings.
· Communicate Facebook's tax policy positions in internal and external meetings.
· Represent Facebook in meetings with key stakeholders.
· Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Public Policy, Business, Economics, or related field
· 5+ years of public policy experience
· Experience with tax policy and working on U.S. and international tax reform efforts
· Experience working with policy-makers and international organizations
· Experience supporting tax policy-makers in government or the private sector
· Graduate degree in Public Policy, Business, Law, Economics, Tax Policy, or related field
· Experience in Tax Policy
· Experience in technology and related policy issues