Job ID 588328BR
The Property Tax department is responsible for tax planning, compliance and audits of real and business personal property nationwide.
The Undergraduate Associate position represents a unique opportunity to receive training on basic property tax principles and become familiar with fixed assets held by The Walt Disney Company and its subsidiaries. Undergraduate Associates will be exposed to property tax return preparation, along with various support tasks that will give each student an understanding of how property tax is treated for many types of businesses within the entertainment industry.
Only students who are actively enrolled in a college or university and working towards a degree will be considered for this opportunity.
The ideal candidate has the following skills, experience and abilities:
· Pursuing undergraduate degree with emphasis in Accounting and a desire to learn about Property Tax
· Record of top academic achievement, excellent communication and leadership skills
· Strong research, critical thinking and analytical skills
· Ability to take ownership and drive projects to completion
· Professional demeanor, focused, articulate and well organized
· Previous work experience in accounting or bookkeeping
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel
· Ability to work in Glendale, CA
· Internship begins early January 2019 through May 2019
· Ability to work a minimum of 24-hours per week during the academic school year and full-time during spring break. Full time availability is preferred and will provide the best learning experience.
· Schedule must allow work between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.