Requisition Number 181731
Mattel is a global, purpose-driven company that helps children learn and develop through play. By inspiring wonder in the next generation, Mattel is committed to shaping a brighter tomorrow, with play experiences that capture kids’ hearts, open their minds and unlock their potential through play. With worldwide net sales of more than $5.5B, a workforce in 40 countries, and products sold in over 150 nations, Mattel is a Fortune 500, multinational design, marketing and manufacturing powerhouse.
The Senior Manager, Tax Provision is responsible for the Company’s accounting for income taxes and assist in tax planning. The successful candidate will work with business groups within the Company, third party service providers, and other Tax Department professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities.
· Accountable for quarterly and annual worldwide accounting for income taxes (ASC 740).
· Responsible for coordinating with and training local country controllers on preparation of local country provision income tax provisions or coordinating with third party vendors on preparation of local country provisions.
· Analysis of financial forecasts to compute quarterly effective tax rate
· Forecast of tax balances to be provided to Financial Planning
· Lead oversight of worldwide FIN 48 analysis.
· Prepare tax related disclosures for 10K and 10Q filings with the SEC
· Assist in due diligence of potential M&A targets and related tax accounting matters
· Review existing procedures to develop efficiencies in quarterly and annual tax provision process.
· Maintain database of federal, state and foreign tax legislative changes and applicability to Mattel’s quarterly and annual tax provision.
· Perform modeling of tax reform/business changes and related impact on the effective tax rate.
· Liaison with management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
· Ensuring that both appropriate internal controls are in place with respect to accounting for income taxes and compliance with such controls.
Experience, Education & Skills
· Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master’s Degree in Business Taxation preferred.
· JD and/or CPA preferred.
· 10 years of related experience with at least 5 years in a public accounting firm.
· Extensive background in ASC 740/FIN 48 required.
· Strong analytical skills necessary.
· Proficient with MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel
· Oracle and/or HFM experience a plus
· Must have strong work ethic and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to manage competing priorities and accelerated deadlines.
· Ability to effectively communicate with varying stakeholders and business units.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Aptitude to adapt to organizational changes.
· Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
Mattel is a leading global children’s entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price® and Thomas & Friends®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer