Requisition Number 181730
Mattel is a global, purpose-driven company that helps children learn and develop through play. By inspiring wonder in the next generation, Mattel is committed to shaping a brighter tomorrow, with play experiences that capture kids’ hearts, open their minds and unlock their potential through play. With worldwide net sales of more than $5.5B, a workforce in 40 countries, and products sold in over 150 nations, Mattel is a Fortune 500, multinational design, marketing and manufacturing powerhouse.
Mattel is currently seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to assist with international tax compliance and provision projects. This is an opportunity to grow in a strong and well-respected tax function that values mentoring and teaching staff in a variety of tax areas. We also offer work/life balance, flexibility and half day Fridays all year.
Responsibilities will include:
· Preparation of U.S. informational filings for CFCs and related disclosures
· Preparation of components of the tax provision for annual and quarterly U.S. GAAP reporting
· Calculation of book-tax differences, quarterly ES payments, and tax attributes
· Assist with international tax audits
· Assist with various tax projects, including tax research, documentation, tax modeling and tax technology initiatives
You must be a self-starter with exceptional interpersonal skills to collaborate with other disciplines within the tax department and engage with business partners across the organization.
Experience, Education & Skills
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred; CPA or MST/MBT a plus
· Minimum 3 years-experience in an accounting firm or multinational corporate tax department
· Big 4 public accounting experience a STRONG plus
· Experience with tax compliance software for U.S. consolidated tax returns
· Experience with tax provisions and international tax compliance preferred
· Basic knowledge of core international concepts including E&P, foreign tax credits, and subpart F.
· Proficient with MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel
· Ability to prepare accounting entries; Oracle and/or Hyperion experience a plus
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must possess a strong team oriented personality
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into the details
· Willingness to take on new challenges and roles which may be unfamiliar
Mattel is a leading global children’s entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price® and Thomas & Friends®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer