Requisition Number 181729
Mattel is a global, purpose-driven company that helps children learn and develop through play. By inspiring wonder in the next generation, Mattel is committed to shaping a brighter tomorrow, with play experiences that capture kids’ hearts, open their minds and unlock their potential through play. With worldwide net sales of more than $5.5B, a workforce in 40 countries, and products sold in over 150 nations, Mattel is a Fortune 500, multinational design, marketing and manufacturing powerhouse.
The Manager, Tax will assist in the preparation of components of the federal and state tax provisions and analyze federal and state FIN 48 positions; assist in the preparation and review of Mattel’s federal and state tax returns and quarterly estimated tax payments; preparation of federal and state models related to tax reform/business changes; identify and champion opportunities for improved efficiency in tax department processes. The successful candidate will work with internal business personnel, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities
· Tax Provision
o Assist in preparation and review of components of the annual and quarterly federal and state income tax provisions.
o Assist in identifying and analyzing federal and state FIN 48 positions.
o Assist in preparation of tax related disclosures for 10K and 10Q filings with the SEC.
· Tax Compliance
o Assist in preparation and review of components of Mattel’s federal and state tax returns.
o Assist in preparation and review of federal and state quarterly estimated tax payments.
o Manage and oversee third party service providers who assist in the tax preparation process.
o Identify and streamline procedures and worksheets for preparation of federal and state tax returns.
o Researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
o Stay abreast of federal and state legislative changes that may impact tax filings and tax provision computation.
o Perform modelling of tax reform/business changes and related impact on federal and state taxes.
o Mentor and develop tax analysts.
Experience, Education & Skills
· Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master’s Degree in Business Taxation preferred.
· JD and/or CPA preferred.
· Six + years of related experience with either a public accounting firm or in-house tax department.
· Extensive background in federal and state tax preparation required.
· Strong analytical skills necessary.
· Proficient with MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel
· Oracle and/or HFM experience a plus
· Must have strong work ethic and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to manage competing priorities and accelerated deadlines.
· Ability to effectively communicate with varying stakeholders and business units.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Aptitude to adapt to organizational changes.
· Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
Mattel is a leading global children’s entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price® and Thomas & Friends®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer