Telefónica is one of the world's largest fully integrated telecommunication providers. We have presence in 44 countries, with full operations in 21 countries, commercial and operational offices with network infrastructure in China, the USA and 16 European countries, and Network Points of Presence in 5 more. Telefonica USA operates under the Telefonica Multinational Solutions business unit which is dedicated to supporting Corporate and Multinational customers on Telefonica’s existing fixed and mobile networks, and through our strategic and industry alliances and partnerships across Europe, Africa, Asia and the Americas.
Mission:Supervise the taxation of Telefónica companies in USA and Puerto Rico, look for tax efficiencies and analyze the operations and agreements in USA and Puerto Rico
· Responsible for managing and reviewing tax provisions under ASC 740 (Formerly FASB 109) and IAS 12, accounting for income taxes for USA Business Solutions entities and reviewing income tax provisions for rest of Telefonica Group companies.
o Drafting of income tax disclosures for financial statement purposes under US GAAP and IFRS
o FIN 48 Analysis per US GAAP of uncertain tax positions
· Responsible for managing and coordinating Transfer Pricing documentation and annual report for USA Business Solutions entities and reviewing TP documentation for rest of Group entities in USA.
o Review and provides input for the annual transfer pricing reports prepared by outside consultants.
o Approves final version of the Transfer pricing reports
· Responsible for tax positions taken by Business Solutions entities in the US & PR. Advice given to rest of Group companies in the US.
o Analysis of tax positions.
o Identifies risk on tax position.
o Estimates exposures.
· Responsible for managing all tax audits for USA Business Solutions entities. Coordination of tax audits of rest of Group entities in the US:
o Internal, external and governmental audits.
o Tax audit strategies, negotiations and dispute resolution.
· Provides advice on tax clauses, cross-border billing schemes, and foreign tax issues related to local contracts in USA.
o Foreign tax withholding calculations.
o Analysis of tax treaties.
o Analysis of foreign tax rules.
· Researches complex and/or unique transactions to maximize company benefit in USA.
o Providing recommendations to executive management regarding tax cost saving opportunities.
o Profitability improvement strategies.
· Responsible for negotiating and approving critical tax incentives in USA
o Rulings with tax authorities.
o Special tax credits and exemptions.
Nature of problems & challange:
Dynamic bussiness in a highly regulated sector
· Work with people from a distance
· Many internal customers
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Required.
· Master’s degree in Tax required
Strong understanding of US GAAP.
· Strong Knowledge of Federal, State & Local Tax law for direct & indirect taxes.
· Knowledge of telecommunication taxes.
· Strong knowledge of international tax rules related to US inbound and outbound transactions.
· Understanding of IAS 12, Income Taxes.
· Understanding of IFRS.
· Familiarity with Latam tax regimes.
· Familiarity with Puerto Rico taxation system.
· Knowledge of tax audit procedures.
· Negotiating skills in dealing with tax auditors and with Tax authorities.
· Negotiation skills on cross board agreements.
· Experience using tax treaties.
SAP, MS Office, Tax research software: CCH, RIA and/or Orbitax
· 6 to 8 years of experience in federal, state & international taxes in public accounting firm and/or corporate setting.
· Telecom industry experience a plus
· Latam tax experience a plus
ENGLISH: FLUENT/NATIVE. SPANISH: FLUENT/NATIVE