REQUISITION # 18000HNC
Careers that Change Lives
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support, including valuation of assets.
· Forecasts company's global effective tax rate.
· Prepares external reporting of the effective tax rate, balance sheet, transfer pricing, cash flow forecasting and the tax footnotes.
· Keeps abreast of the variances in state and local jurisdictions and creates plans to minimize the amount of taxes paid by the organization across these entities.
· Works directly with external auditors and understands tax compliance.
· May be involved with merger and acquisition activities and other tax planning.
· May be responsible for compliance.
· Responsible for managing the activities of some general accounting functions.
· Ensures the timely and accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data including the coordination, preparation and distribution of periodic (i.e. monthly, quarterly, yearly) management reports and government.
· Ensures compliance with federal and local law requirements including providing information for the preparation and filing of the Company’s tax returns. Supports the optimization of our current tax structure.
· Responsible for completion of local income tax returns including all related analysis and support, include valuation or asserts
· Responsible for company tax forecast, cash disbursement and other tax planning activities
· Support and lead government incentive activities, tax grant matters and other government request
· Responsible of the Pioneer products status for the company
· Ensure proper accounting of tax matters, including government incentives, grants and others
· Responsible to submit annual information to the government and other agencies, as requested
· Works directly with external and auditors and understand tax compliance
· Completes P&L and B/S projections periodically.
· Performs other position related duties as assigned.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years prior relevant experience
Bachelor's Degree Required
Nice to Have
BBA in Accounting or Finance
· Talent Management & Development
· Interpersonal Relations
· Quality and Results Oriented
· Computer Literate
· Fluency speaking and writing in English and Spanish
· Experience in medical device, pharmaceutical, or electronic industry
· Analytical Thinking
· Problem Solving
· Strategic Thinking
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.