Requisition ID: 9431
It starts with great chemistry.
Univar is more than a distribution company – we’re a leading, global partner dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the world’s most essential industries. Founded in 1924, with global headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, Univar generated $8+ billion in sales in 2016 – securing the #1 market position in North America and the #2 market position in Europe.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people – people like you – and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If you’re looking for an experience where your actions will make a positive difference every day, you’ve come to the right place.
The Manager International Tax will have a primary International tax oversight for the corporate US International tax compliance and provision process. This position reports to the Senior Manager, International Tax and is exposed to the entire tax life cycle and supports other functional areas as needed.
· Coordinate implementation of international tax strategies for assigned regions and functional areas, coordinating with others in the tax team
· Assists in the international tax planning initiatives to determine the impact of new initiatives on Univar operating strategies, coordinating with others
· Responsible for US tax compliance and US tax reporting for foreign subsidiaries matters, including Forms 5471 and 1118, maintaining E&P and tax pools, analyzing US inclusion amounts and local tax compliance issues
· Research and analyze new issues related to international tax compliance area
· Prepare and/or review international tax aspects of the Company’s US GAAP worldwide income tax provision.
· Performs other related duties as required or requested.
· Undergraduate degree in Accounting. Masters of Taxation preferred. CPA designation required
· Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in International taxation and Tax Accounting
· 2 to 4 years of experience in a recognized global accounting firm
· Experience working for a US Global Company with strong presence in Europe, Asia, Latin America and Canada is required.
· Extensive knowledge of federal income taxation as it relates to international (cross-border) transactions
· Experience in financial reporting for international tax matters, including Subpart F, FX taxation following IRC Sec. 986, 987, 988, repatriation of foreign earnings, foreign tax credits and valuation allowance analysis
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and financial analysis skills required to convey the tax impact of complex technical issues to tax team and non-tax business partners
· Ability to integrate strategic business objectives with overall tax strategies
· Proven ability to create and maintain a positive team environment
· Excellent project management skills
Univar is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous vacation and sick leave and much more.