Requisition ID: 7898
At Hasbro, we embrace the unique skills, experiences, talents and perspectives of our global workforce which, combined with our culture of curiosity and innovation, generates the best ideas. We live our values of Community, Passion, Integrity and Creativity, and we’re committed to giving our 5,000+ employees opportunities to build their individual capabilities, balance work and home, deliver excellence through team work and thrive personally. This enables us to deliver results in all aspects of our business.
Hasbro is currently seeking a Technical Tax Specialist. This highly motivated, goal-oriented professional will utilize broad tax, business and systems knowledge to assist in designing/implementing tax process and tax technology solutions to increase accuracy and efficiency. The Technical Tax Specialist will also assist in the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual income tax calculations and related financial statement disclosures and various tax returns.
A day in the life of a Technical Tax Specialist:
· Assist with:
o coordination between Corporate Tax and IT specialists and/or external vendors
o systems implementations
o configuration and maintenance of systems for tax determination and returns
o rollout of training process to end users, ensuring that system users are adequately supported
o review, analysis and evaluation of tax business systems, process and needs
o streamlining and/or improving current processes utilizing technology available
· Collect and review transactional data to ensure accurate tax determination and reporting
· Assist with the preparation of quarterly/annual global tax provision including reconciliations of effective tax rates, deferred tax balances, tax account rollforwards and tax basis balance sheet
· Prepare or review federal, state and local income tax workpapers, quarterly tax estimates and extensions.
· Monitor tax law changes and evaluate their impact to the Company on a timely basis. Implement compliance with such laws, as necessary
· Provide prompt and accurate tax advice to any unit of the Company upon request
· Provide sales tax guidance and coordinate sales and use tax reporting for direct to consumer subsidiary
· Research and draft responses to tax notices
· Assist in preparing responses to information document requests for Federal and State audits and analyze proposed tax assessments
· Other projects as needed
What you'll bring:
· Bachelor's Degree required in Accounting/Information Systems
· MST/CPA designation preferred
· Solid understanding of business process analysis or design
· Minimum five years of CorpTax experience
· Minimum five years of related experience in accounting or tax field
· Longview and/or SAP experience preferred
· Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Proven analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to maintain several projects and meet delivery due dates
· Experience working in a team environment and possession of strong collaboration skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Hasbro is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status.