Job ID: 462191BR
This requisition is for a central accounting position within the Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) business area. The individual will work with a team responsible for tax reporting to the Corporate Tax Department for the RMS business. The position responsibilities will include the preparation of periodic federal, state, and international tax submissions that are used for income tax return preparation, estimated income tax payments, tax provision accruals, and long-range plan tax reporting requirements. Included responsibilities but not limited to the following: reporting permanent items and temporary differences including revenue recognition, long term contract accounting, financial reserves, advance payments and the detail analysis and reporting of Research & Development qualifying expenditures for tax credit and Foreign Derived Deduction Eligible Income. Supporting corporate tax with domestic and international tax audit inquiries. This position supports other financial reporting duties as assigned, including special tax projects.
The position is expected to successfully manage multiple, simultaneous assignments, deadlines, priorities and tasks. Responsibilities consistently require a superb attention to details, active analysis techniques, communication, and a level of independent organization and prioritization of responsibilities is expected.
· Minimum of 4 years of experience
· Bachelors level degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field
· Demonstrated senior level accounting and analytical skills confirmed through related work experience
· Ability to provide customer service and support to business partners and customers
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to apply and interpret US GAAP principles and federal/state tax code/regulations
· Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to take initiative and work independently
· Proficient with all applications of the Microsoft Office suite
· CPA certification preferred
· SAP experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.