Job ID 1900000885
The Boeing Company is looking for a new Tax Specialist to join the Domestic Payroll Tax team. The position will be responsible for assisting in payroll tax and UC compliance activities for Boeing’s US employee population.
Responsibilities will include:
· Preparation and filing of Federal, state and/or local tax and UC filings.
· Research state tax rules to ensure timely updates for tax rule changes, rate updates, wage reporting requirements and payment schedules to ensure continued compliance.
· Coordination of payments of tax liabilities for assigned jurisdictions.
· Respond to state/local tax jurisdictions inquiries and concerns, including providing audit support as required.
· Support accounting in reconciliation of state tax account balances.
· Monitoring of employee work location changes to ensure correct state wage reporting and tax withholding, including retroactive balance adjustment calculations where necessary.
· Perform employee master payroll reconciliations, including earnings and tax update/adjustments.
· Assist with year-end activities including Tax900 report, FICA out of balance and W-2 reporting.
· Respond to employee inquiries on paychecks and tax withholding.
· Support other special Payroll Tax Projects as they arise.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education & Experience:
· Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or similar field.
· 3+ years of experience with US taxation
· Prior payroll tax experience
· Highly organized
· Able to balance multiple tasks and able to prioritize completing priorities to meet important deadlines
· Strong research skills