A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Maisons in Fashion, Leather Goods, Jewelry and Watches: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, Ulysse Nardin, Girard-Perregaux, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Maisons to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination.” In 2017, Kering had nearly 29,000 employees and restated revenue of €10.816 billion.
How You Will Contribute
· Responsible for all aspects of sales tax reporting including compliance, excise tax returns, NYC Commercial Rent returns, and Canadian GST/HST tax returns for multiple brands
· Ensure legal entity compliance with all state requirements such as preparation of annual reports, business licenses and permits, Department of Commerce filings, and resale certificate validation
· Responsible for gathering data, identifying asset locations and perpetration of renditions for property tax compliance
· Ability to identify and raise issues to tax management to ensure that companies collect, accrue, and remit the appropriate sales/use tax in a timely manner
· Assist with indirect tax audits including data gathering, report analysis, account analysis and reconciliation
· Maintain proficiency in tax return preparation through the use of research software
· Assist MIS with troubleshooting tax applications
· Ability to collaborate with other business units to gather information as required
· Work on special projects and research complex tax issues as required
· Other duties may be assigned
Who You Are
· Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance required. Advanced degree a plus
· 1 to 3 years of relevant indirect tax experience/accounting experience. Experience in a retail environment a plus
· Knowledge of Vertex O Series and ERP software (Oracle, SAP, Lawson, etc.)
· Experience researching state & local tax laws and regulations using third party research tools such as CCH, TTR, or Checkpoint
· Strong experience with MS Office Suite, especially Excel and Word. Excel experience must include v-lookup and pivot tables.
· Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
· Organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize competing tasks, anticipate resource needs and meet deadlines
· Ability to carry out job responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner
· Superior judgement and critical thinking skills. Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
· Ability to work on special projects within a team environment
· Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions