The overall objective of Group Taxes is to create value for the global enterprise, business units, and shareholders by maximizing corporate profitability through minimizing overall tax burden while executing and directing compliance to conform with all legal frameworks in preserving the Company’s reputation and integrity.
Ensure compliance with the tax laws of the US and all sub-jurisdictions in which the adidas Group has operations and assist in the minimization of the Group’s consolidated income tax liability.
Collaborate with business units and provide advice/guidance on US tax relevant matters while also managing US tax risk/exposure.
The tax compliance and planning for the adidas Group’s US tax group is comprised of approximately eight active legal entities with aggregate revenues of approximately $5.5 billion and 100+ tax return filings.
· Accurate and timely preparation of international and domestic aspects of the US federal income tax return using CorpTax software. This includes calculating taxable income of US entities, determining book to tax adjustments, and ensuring that the intercompany transactions are properly addressed.
· Accurate and timely preparation of state and city income/franchise tax returns for all US entities using CorpTax software. This includes preparing separate company, consolidated and unitary returns, entering state apportionment data, and determining state tax return adjustments.
· Accurate and timely preparation of state quarterly estimated and annual extension tax payments. This includes determining the projected state tax liability and the required payment in order to meet the state’s minimum filing thresholds, thus minimizing interest and penalty assessments. The position is also responsible for timely responding to state tax notices.
· Address domestic aspects of quarterly and annual year-end financial statements including preparation of domestic entities’ individual provisions, determining state attributes and tax account analysis. The person is expected to work closely with accounting personnel and identify issues that affect the adidas Group’s effective tax rate.
· Assist with state income tax audits. This includes responding to audit requests, researching audit issues, and reviewing audit report in order to minimize tax assessments.
· Keep abreast of tax law changes and research issues as they arise.
· Finance professionals throughout the adidas Group (e.g., FSS Accounting, Controlling, Treasury)
· Outside tax agencies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Solid interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
· Knowledgeable of CorpTax
· SAP experience a plus
· Strong systems’ knowledge, with the ability to quickly learn new systems
· Ability to understand and use financial data to make decisions and influence outcomes
· Ability to maneuver in consistently changing environment
· Understanding of the complexity, interactions and dynamics within an international company
· Business fluency in English (written and spoken)
· University degree in Business Administration/Finance/Accounting, CPA and/or MST a plus
· 4 years' Tax experience, with a strong background in US federal and state corporate tax
· Background including “Big 4” and/or multinational preferred