VF Corporation outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, Dickies®, Wrangler® and Lee®. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. We’re committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for our customers and shareholders.
We are a purpose-led company that seeks not only to succeed in business, but also to leverage our success and resources to make the world better. Through our brands and nearly 70,000 associates around the world, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. We are movement makers. It’s who we are and have always been.
Powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation put us at the heart of our consumers’ lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status.
While our company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalize on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
State Tax Manager: Become the Newest Member of the VF Family
How You Will Make a Difference:
· Plan and manage the state compliance process with the Company’s co-sourcing partner.
· Manage the data collection, migration, and reconciliation for state tax compliance for the apportionment and state workpaper packages.
· Responsible for evaluating, updating, validating the state workpaper package.
· Responsible for evaluating, updating, and validating the OneSource Apportionment tool with entities, groups, filing calendar, and rules.
· Coordinate with the other state tax team members on tax policy, audit issues, reporting options, and scheduling.
· Prepare/Review state tax estimates and extensions, and manage tax payments and refunds.
· Develop process and related workpapers to manage tax credits and incentives compliance and reporting.
· Manage the state and local income and franchise tax notices, ensuring timely responses and coordination with relevant teams.
· Coordinate with state tax counsel on audits including process improvements and information support.
· Partner with senior management on research projects, analysis, and planning.
· Develop state effective tax rate reporting and analytics from new data and technology sources available.
· Monitor and communicate newly enacted state tax legislation, particularly around tax reform, expense disallowance, modifications, dividends, foreign income and integrate such updates or changes into apportionment and workpaper packages.
· Prepare state franchise tax budget, and monitor coalition accounting for such taxes.
· Continue the Company’s evolution of direct data access for compliance reporting.
· Assist with state income tax provision documentation.
· Collaborate with international tax team to develop and maintain tracking systems for tax reform items relevant to state taxation.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 6-10 years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
· CPA or Master’s Degree in Taxation/Accounting preferred
· 6-10 years of experience in public accounting, corporate tax and/or accounting at a firm, or company operating in a complex, global environment required. Minimum 4 year experience in State & Local Tax
· Strong knowledge of a variety of state and local tax laws, including multi-state income tax planning, compliance, preparing returns, and income tax accounting
· Expert tax technical skills, including unitary filing, apportionment methodologies, tax base rules, tax research, and compliance and consulting as it relates to multi-state jurisdictions
· Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, OneSource Income Tax, OneSource Apportionment, SAP, RIA Checkpoint and other computer knowledge
· Task oriented and highly organized with the ability to prioritize effectively while working on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent follow through skills with strong written and verbal communication skills
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
· Travel by air and overnight, as required.
· Lifting and/or bending up to 25 lbs.
Organized in 1899, VF Corporation is a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, with global iconic brands, 64,000 associates and $12.4 billion in revenue. Our businesses and brands are organized into four categories called coalitions, comprising: Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, and Sportswear. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, our One VF culture and approach to doing business provide a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.