Spotify is Seeking a Sr. Analyst to join our Tax Team, based in our New York City office. In this role you’ll be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate tax provisions in all legal entities and develop our tax processes throughout Spotify. This is a very dynamic role in an ever-changing environment with the opportunity to take on much responsibility in a rapidly growing international company.
What You’ll Do:
· Responsible for the preparation of quarterly and annual tax provisions in accordance with IFRS and local statutory GAAP;
· Work with external advisors to document US R&D activities and creditability
· Assist with the review of the federal and state income tax returns prepared by outside tax firm;
· Coordinate all tax payments for estimated taxes, extension payments, tax return payments, etc.;
· Collaborate with global members of tax team and greater finance organization t to ensure completeness of tax analyses;
· Manage and assist with audit controversy in various jurisdictions
· Reconcile general ledger accounts for accuracy and completeness;
· Special projects as needed
Who You Are:
· BS/BA degree in accounting or a related discipline and 3-5 years of related experience; or CPA candidate/certification preferred.
· Experience with tax accounting and corporate tax compliance.
· Excellent communication skills in order to distil complex tax concepts into easily comprehensible subject matter for non-tax colleagues.
· Ready to join a collaborative and playful team that drives innovative results
· Experience with financial systems (ERP, consolidation tools and management reporting tools – Spotify uses Netsuite)
· Strong skills in the Microsoft Office and or the Google suite including the ability to prepare robust Excel models and the ability to learn new software platforms
· Open, honest, accurate and willing to dig in
· Deep desire to perform with the best and drive constant improvement
· Intellectually curious and eager to learn and develop every day
· Not afraid to challenge colleagues (regardless of level) in a constructive manner, always with the best solution for Spotify in mind
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.