JOB ID: 474026BR
Description: Position supports the Corporate Tax Department in the Enterprise Operations business. Position performs tasks related to income tax compliance.
Position will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
· Filing estimated payments, extensions and tax returns, as well as preparing tax forecasts and provision.
· tax planning and compliance functions including the preparation of Federal and State Corporate and Partnership Income and Franchise Tax Returns
· Supports reviewing new and existing tax laws, court cases, regulations and rulings to ensure minimization of the Corporate Tax burden
· Develop and maintain critical relationship between Tax and Business Units to ensure tax has a well informed view of business operations.
· Coordinates closely with others in the Department and Business Unit contacts to ensure timely and accurate preparation of quarterly and annual tax provision and related disclosures
· Assist with the maintenance of tax schedules and assist with rollover of tax schedules from one period to the next using OWM.
· Completed tax accounting classes in college/or some exposure to tax accounting through work experience
· Proficiency with Microsoft excel/office suite
· High level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to work with a team and independently with little guidance.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with peers, customers, and managers.
· Experience with Corptax, OWM or other accounting information systems is a plus.
· Attending accounting information systems classes in college counts as experience.
· CPA candidate
· Recent college graduates can also apply
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS1000 CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Finance
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day