When you join Daimler, you become a brand ambassador for a diverse global network of over 250,000 committed employees on 6 continents. Our employees drive the future of innovation in each of our world-class brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) is the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market. We are elevating the industry by setting the bar for quality and execution. Our DTNA employees are empowered to drive the Technology Revolution through our innovative products and customer-focused culture. Our dedication to our customers does not stop once our products hit the road. We immerse ourselves in the customers’ experience and what drives their business toward the future.
Daimler. One Team. Best Team.
Driven to connect our world. Apply today!
Compile, analyze, and document financial and business data to support the transfer pricing policies. Primarily responsible for Canadian (and other international) tax matters, including tax return preparation, tax audits, and assessments.
· Prepare international tax filings for all business units.
· Coordinate with consultants in the preparation and review of foreign tax filings, assist with the preparation of working papers in an accurate and timely manner. Work to minimize Canadian taxes and maximize cash flow.
· Ensure any beneficial adjustments are sought.
· Manage special international projects including annual BEPS Reporting and Transfer Pricing studies.
· Coordinate and communicate with the Transfer Pricing Responsible within Controlling regarding these projects including overall development of project tasks and goals.
· Prepare and analyze the Tax general ledger accounts as well as annual foreign tax estimates and accruals.
· Recommend adjustments based on information and analysis.
· Monitor, trouble shoot, and reconcile all foreign tax accounts with taxing foreign authorities to ensure interest and penalties are minimized.
· Ensure appropriate payments are made on a timely basis to foreign taxing authority.
· Prepare and submit legal documentation to support claims for adjustments with foreign taxing authority (e.g. Notices of Objection) when required.
· Assist in the preparation and filing of all US Federal, State and Local tax returns, working papers and studies in an accurate and timely manner.
· Work to minimize U.S. taxes and maximize cash flow.
· Provide peer review for other tax preparations to ensure filing requirements are met.
· Ensure all internal control documentation and disclosure policies are met.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school/college with 2 years of related experience OR an associate’s degree with 4 years of related experience OR 8 years of related experience and high school diploma (or equivalent) required
· A degree focused in taxation preferred
· At least 1 year of group leader, project lead, or mentoring experience required
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
· An attached resume is required
· Accurately be able to communicate tax consequences for various business issues required
· Research various tax issues preferred
· Extensive interaction with the various tax teams in the NAFTA region preferred
· Preparation of tax research memorandums preferred
· Strong understanding of U.S. Corporate Income Tax and International Income Tax preferred
· Proficiency in SAP and/or CorpTax software preferred
· Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
· Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check