Daimler North America Corporation holds direct or indirect equity in Daimler AGsubsidiaries in the US and manages Daimler Canada Finance Inc. (DCFI) inCanada. Daimler's Treasury USA/Canada group accesses the capital markets toraise funds for the Daimler Group utilizing Commercial Paper, Asset-BackedSecurities (ABS), EMTNs and Private Placement programs. It maintains an in-house cash management system and manages risk through foreign exchangeand interest rate risk management products.
The DNAC Tax Accounting Group is a Center of Excellence/Shared Service Center that provides tax accounting services for all entities within the NAFTA region.
The Tax Accounting Analyst will be responsible for complex tax accounting functions including the preparation of tax provision calculations, interpreting tax and accounting regulations as well as the development of disclosures for financial reporting. This position may also detail review work performed by other members of the team.
· Prepares and manages the processes involved in the preparation of the taxation reporting packages for the NAFTA group companies. May detail review work performed by other members of the team. (30%)
· Prepares income tax-related journal entries and footnote disclosures by collecting and analyzing relevant financial information. May detail review work performed by other members of the team. (20%)
· Ensures ICFR compliance to support Management's assessment on the effectiveness of internal controls related to tax accounting processes. (15%)
· Prepares projected tax calculations for planning purposes as well as effective tax rate reconciliations. May detail review work performed by other members of the team. (10%)
· Performs complex research, support and documentation needed for quarterly and yearly auditing activities. (10%)
· Guides Management's decisions by examining tax accounting consequences of various financial options. (10%)
· Prepares tax accounting related projects as required. (5%)
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university required with an emphasis in:
· CPA and Public Accounting preferred
Must be able to work flexible hours/week
Work Holidays when required
Work weekends when required
Domestic travel required quarterly, December and January
The desired candidate will be detailed oriented, possess excellent communication skills, problem solving and time management skills.
Please note this is not a development role. The desired candidate must have 5 years of tax accounting and an additional 3 years accounting and/or income tax experience.
This position is not eligible an expatriate assignment. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application. Relocation assistance may be considered for this position.
Daimler North America Corporation offers competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full suite of benefits including 401(K) with match, generous vacation and personal time, performance-based bonuses, a Mercedes-Benz car program and more.