HUGO BOSS is one of the leading premium fashion and lifestyle companies with around 14,700 employees worldwide. As diverse we are, we all share a common goal: We want to inspire people with our work. We give you the opportunity to be yourself and contribute your ideas and creativity – because to create something extraordinary, we must explore new paths together. Join our team and discover how you can shape your personal future at HUGO BOSS!
Finance Operations & Tax Internship
HUGO BOSS Fashions, Inc. | New York City | United States | Full-time
What you can expect:
We are looking for proactive interns to join the Finance Operations & Tax team of the U.S. corporate office in New York starting immediately for at least 6 months. Within the Financial Operations & Tax department the intern will be received especially insights into the daily / weekly / monthly tasks of General Accounting, Taxation, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable & Treasury. The internship is unpaid. HUGO BOSS Fashions, Inc. is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Employer (M/F/D/V).
Please submit your application before April 29th, 2019.
· General Accounting – support the month-end close as well as the quarter and year-end close. Support the General Accounting by preparing additional reports and analysis as well as with the yearly external audit
· Accounts Receivable process – understanding and support of the Accounts Receivable for our WHS as well as our Retail business. Support the team with monthly reconciliations of our Retail Business Models
· Accounts Payable – includes the understanding of the invoice cycle (from receiving an invoice to execute the payment), T&E expense and reimbursements, Corporate Bank Account structure
· Taxation - Assist with jurisdiction audits to defend the company in order to obtain favorable audit results. Perform analysis on U.S Sales and Use Tax and assist in timely filing of the required compliance. Maintain tax calendar and perform research using tax database when applicable
· Studies in Finance, Accounting, Economics or General Business Management
· Excellent analytical and strategic skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong numerical skills
· Detail oriented
· Passion for Finance topics
· Highly proficient with MS Office, excellent in Excel
· Intern with a renowned brand in one of the most diverse and dynamic cities of the world: New York
· Collect unique practical experience in a global fashion & lifestyle player
· Get insights into all areas of the organization through our Lunch & Learn sessions
· Get a look behind the scenes of HUGO BOSS, show how quickly you can learn and apply your knowledge
· Expand your professional & personal network through truly international exposure
· Learn on the job, from your team and our executives while enjoying one of the best views of the city from the 48th floor