Organized in 1899, VF Corporation is a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories with nearly 70,000 associates and $12.4 billion in revenue. In August 2018, VF announced its plans to spin off the Jeanswear business comprised of approximately 20,000 employees and $2.5 billion in revenue. The new company, Kontoor Brands, Inc., will be a separate publicly-traded company headquartered in Greensboro, NC and includes the Wrangler, Lee, and VF Outlet brands.
The spin is planned to be effective in the first half of 2019 and will position Kontoor Brands as the home of iconic brands steeped in heritage and authenticity. Kontoor Brands will be the leading player in denim globally, delivering steady growth, consistent profitability and strong cash flow to support high dividends to our shareholders. As an independent, publicly-traded company, Kontoor Brands will have significant opportunities to modernize and evolve the business, pursue new market expansion, and grow our geographic and category footprint.
Senior Manager – Global Tax Operations: Become the Newest Member of Kontoor Brands
Newly created position to help effectively manage and evolve all aspects of the global tax provision process. The responsibilities will be full cycle in nature and encompass preparation, consolidation, forecasting and external reporting (monthly, quarterly and annual basis). The incoming Senior Manager will also provide tax research and analysis support on critical business and tax planning initiatives (e.g. supply chain, M&A). He /she will also be expected to catalyze significant efficiencies through process improvement and automation.
The position will report to a Director and manage up to 2 direct resources, as well as indirect resources during peak cycles and process initiatives.
· Manage key aspects of the US federal, state and foreign compliance including coordination with public accounting firms
· Manage the preparation/review of the consolidated annual income tax provision (ASC 740) in accordance with US GAAP along with associated footnote disclosures to be included in Kontoor’s Form 10-K, as well as preparation/review of various domestic and foreign legal entity tax provision calculations
· Manage preparation of the quarterly effective tax rate in accordance with US GAAP to be included in Kontoor’s Form 10-Q and identifying tax accounting technical issues to be addressed and resolved with tax leadership
· Manage preparation of the monthly effective tax rate forecast by working with Corporate and local FP&A teams as well as the State and International tax teams
· Key role in reviewing and addressing tax accounting implications of other special projects (including, but not limited to, international tax planning, proposed and new tax legislation; mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures; process improvement projects; etc.)
· Research income tax issues to support positions taken in the financial statements, or to explore tax planning opportunities
· Drive process improvement
· Demonstrable track record in process improvement, enhancing controls (e.g. SOX 404), and leveraging technology to drive efficiencies.
· Effective project manager – can organize, manage and execute multiple projects concurrently in fast paced environment
· Well-developed communication skills (written and verbal); this position has substantial interaction with local financial and operational leadership, treasury, legal, HR and finance and is accountable for documenting various tax and accounting positions
· Immersive and balanced orientation - the ability to roll up your sleeves and get into the details is necessary in order to succeed in this position.
· Proven people manager – demonstrated ability to recruit, develop and retain a high performing team
· Years of Related Professional Experience: 6-8 Years
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and CPA.
· Minimum of 6-8 years of high quality, related experience
· Substantive ASC 740 and tax accounting expertise - ideally within large multinational setting or supporting same while in public accounting
Organized in 1899, VF Corporation is a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, with global iconic brands, 64,000 associates and $12.4 billion in revenue. Our businesses and brands are organized into four categories called coalitions, comprising: Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, and Sportswear. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, our One VF culture and approach to doing business provide a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.