VF Corporation outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, and Dickies®. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels.
We’re committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for our customers and shareholders.
We are a purpose-led company that seeks not only to succeed in business, but also to leverage our success and resources to make the world better. Through our brands and nearly 70,000 associates around the world, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. We are movement makers. It’s who we are and have always been.
Powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation put us at the heart of our consumers’ lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status.
While our company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalize on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
Tax Operations Analyst: Become the Newest Member of the VF Family
The Tax Operations Analyst will be responsible for ensuring there is cohesion across functions and processes within the global tax department. Where applicable, the Tax Operations Analyst will also need to work with key accounting and finance personnel to ensure the tax and accounting functions operate in a unified manner ensuring the number of bottlenecks and redundant processes can be reduced.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Instrumental in the creation and implementation of new processes vital to the tax department, including but not limited to:
a. Monthly reconciliations of 100+ domestic income tax accounts, and problem-solving outages.
b. Timely filing, coordinating, and tracking domestic estimates, extensions, and returns, and working with tax authorities to resolve variances.
c. Partnering with corporate finance to ensure proper mapping of income tax accounts from ERP to BPC, thus reducing financial statement risk.
d. Cash tax proof from tax calculation all the way through finance recording the transaction.
2. Regular interaction with VP and Sr. Directors in tax department concerning key department initiatives the Tax Operations Analyst is responsible for:
a. Budget management and reporting, including the execution of Coupa.
b. Paperless environment initiative.
c. Domestic income tax notice management
3. Responsible for ensuring ESP and ETL processes (data feeds) are working properly to meet global standards for Tax Data Warehouse (IBM DB2), mitigating accounting risk across the department, including problem identification and resolution.
4. Ownership of non-US tax account movement analysis, through the coordination of regional teams, both internal and external.
5. Responsible for coordinating global cash tax analytics to Tax Leadership as well as FP&A Leadership.
Skills for Success:
· 3-5+ years accounting experience required
· Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
· Ability to effectively work and communicate in a cross-functional environment
· Strong analytical skills
Educational/ Position Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· Knowledge and experience with Coupa
· Strong MS Office experience, including Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
· Knowledge and experience with Cognos Analytics and PowerBI
· Knowledge and experience with CertifiedPro, FedEx Ship Manager
· Previous experience within OneSource is a plus
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
· Minimal travel requirements
· Lifting up to 20 lbs of weight and/or bending
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.