Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth.
Sony Corporation of America (Sony) is seeking an Assistant Director, State and Local Tax to join their Global Tax Office located in NYC. The position will report to the Director, State and Local tax and interface with various tax professionals who manage each of the individual business segments. The position requires a candidate that is self-motivated, career-oriented and has good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Overall responsibility for Sony’s SALT compliance matters
· Preparation and review of combined returns using Corptax software
· Preparation and review of quarterly state tax budget forecasts and year end provision
· Overall responsibility for SALT audits for all Sony business segments
· Maintain the SALT compliance calendar
· Draft technical memorandums to support research of complex SALT issues, business planning and acquisitions and divestitures
· Calculate and track ASC 740 reserves
· Monitor SALT legislative developments, including the state impact of federal tax reform
· Reconcile and review consolidated apportionment data
· Interact with accounting, finance, and operating business unit staff
· Undergraduate degree in Tax/Accounting required, MBA/MS in tax a plus
· Minimum of 10 years of state and local tax experience with industry experience in a multinational corporate environment
· Advanced SALT technical and research experience
· Demonstrated knowledge of ASC 740
· Hands-on experience with Corptax software, Microsoft Office Suite, RIA/BNA
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures.
Our mission is simple. We aim to inspire and fulfill curiosity across the globe. We want to be responsible for getting hearts racing, stirring ambition, and putting a smile on the faces of our customers. That challenge, combined with our spirit of innovation, motivates us to create groundbreaking technology, entertainment, and services for people worldwide. Our history as a global brand has been built around employees that all have a passion for touching peoples' lives, and pride in pushing beyond the status quo to produce truly extraordinary results.